Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A Busy Week! - And a Busier Weekend Planned!

Hello Everyone!
Yes, I know - long time since I posted! Sorry about that. It's been a very busy week and I have hardly been home! I have this close friend and we have been hanging out everyday for the last few weeks. Prosper is such a cool friend, and of course, he is highly educated and intelligent, which is all the more reason I love to hang with him! He is a bit of a political animal and he travels throughout Ghana to promote change in the current government. You see, this country is in ruins and no one in the upper echelons of power wants to do anything about it. So people like Prosper need to go and out and make some noise and help change the political wave of this country! I am currently helping him to write a personal documentary of sorts to highlight his experiences with corruption throughout Africa. He has been the highlight of my evenings here - night clubs, trips to the beach - and this weekend, we are heading to his home town of Keta, up in the Volta region of Ghana. It's about a two hour ride on the bus, and from what I hear, an absolutely beautiful trip! I can't wait. I depart after school tomorrow afternoon! I will let you know how it goes! And of course, I will snap up a ton of pictures!

Oh, and this goes out to all my Legion friends - I have been proudly wearing my "Support Our Troops" t-shirt in Accra! I hope you are all doing the same every Friday!

Take Care,
Love Heather

No comments: