Thursday, October 25, 2007

A Little Reggae Fun!

Hello,
I hope all is well with everyone! It's been a while since my last posting and I am sure you are all wondering what I am up to. Well, I am busy teaching my little school kids everyday, and I am amazed at how much they are all learning. I have Raymond reading full sentences, I have Sariyum finally breaking out of his shell and communicating with me, and I have a little cling-on in Eric. He follows "teacha Heatha" everywhere!! And he gets very upset if he's not getting my full attention! He's so cute, I could take him home! I will be posting more pictures of them in the upcoming week, including some photos of some of their school work.

This Saturday Prosper is taking me to a live Reggae concert in Accra. Now if you are familiar with Jamaican Rasta music, you will be sure to love this! However, I am a beginner when it comes to understanding this style of music, so I have a lot to learn. I tell you though, I am becoming a bigger fan everyday. You can't go anywhere in Ghana without hearing reggae blaring through the speakers - it's something that connects blacks and whites everywhere in Africa and around the world. The concert begins in the afternoon and continues until after midnight! We'll see how long I last! I will be sure to take lots of pictures to help enlighten you on what a mass concentration of Rasta fans looks like! Should be interesting!

I want to inform all of you that I have an article appearing in the Fort Saskatchewan Record tomorrow (Friday, October 26) that details some of my work here thus far. For those of you who do not have access to this, I will be sure to post the link to the article on the blog. I hope you enjoy it!

All right, it's diner time and I'm hungry, so I better run!

Take Care,
Love Heather

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reggae Fun, sounds awesome especially if it is the old time Raggae. Its great to dance to. Looking forward to the photo's as well as photo's of all your little darling students.

Anonymous said...

How was the Raggae excursion??? Did ya make it, did ya make it????

More pics and more letters!!!!

Aunt J,

Anonymous said...

Halloween was pretty low key this year with 62 kids...not one really stuck out in my mind...oh well, toodle loo for another year!! Do they do halloween there??

Aunt J.