Friday, January 25, 2008

"Bye Teacha Heatha!"

Hello Everyone!
I know, I know! You are all eager to know what's going on here in Accra. But you know, the electricity situation is so-so at the moment. For instance, I had to travel just to try and post my blog, but it's not even working at the new and modern cafe. So better luck tomorrow I guess!

Well actually, tomorrow I am taking off! Absolutely no work! It's my 27th birthday and Prosper and I are going out on the town! I will be decked out in traditional Ghanaian dress! I can't wait! Prosper is taking me to La Palm Royal Beach Hotel. It's a gorgeous and tremedously popular spot in Accra! Very posh!!

Fantastic news!! The new school we are building (THANKS TO ALL OF YOUR DONATIONS!!) is coming together. The structure is up and things are looking awesome! I can't wait until it's all finished and I can work with the kids in the new classroom!

I have to share this with you - I came to the school for a visit, after not seeing the kids since before Christmas! I walk in and the children freak out! "Teacha Heatha" "Teacha Heatha" "Look at my shoes, look at my shoes!" They all love the new shoes I gave them for Christmas! As I am talking to people, one lady tells me that a plane flew over the school the day before and all the kids were waving and shouting "Bye Teacha Heatha!" They all thought I was on the airplane going home! So they were even more excited when I walked into the school! Lasting Memories!!

Alright, I better be off! The manager of the cafe is racking up on my Cedi here! Cheap in Canadian terms, but very expensive in Ghanaian terms! I will once again struggle to post pictures of everything! Come hell or high water, the blogs will appear! I promise!

Take Care, All My Love!

Peace,
Heather

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather I was wondering what the heck happened to you? Glad to here all is well. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! sounds like you will have a special one....Take Care and can't wait for the next Blog. Just came home from seeing Suzie at the "licker" store...haha!

Love Char