Thursday, January 10, 2008

Long Awaited Blog!!

Hello Everyone!
Yes, it’s been a long time coming, but I have finally posted a bunch of photos from the holiday season. It has been crazy busy here for me, and it’s only going to get busier! I hope you are all doing great and keeping active – mind and spirit!!

Fantastic news – the new school is being built as we speak! The structure is up and the kids are getting excited. I am going to have a painter come and design some pictures of classic Disney characters on the school walls. This will attract more families to the school and hopefully enrol more children into the program! I am so pumped! I believe this is the best way I can make a lasting impact in the community.





Many of you are asking how it is going at the Refugee Camp. I am not living on camp, as I have decided to stay in Accra and commute to Buduburam three days a week. Cheaper, and of course, I can`t be too far from Prosper!! I`ve only just begun my time at the camp. Having malaria twice over the course of the last month and a half has kept me rather drained. But I`m back in action and doing what I love!! Currently my busy schedule includes working with former Liberian Child Soldiers, teaching an Adult Literacy Program, and teaching a Class 5 group of students. To top it all off, I am Program Coordinator for Pan African Center and I am responsible for creating and distributing a camp-wide newspaper that addresses important camp information.

All right, enough text! Here's some pics!

Pics from the Christmas Celebration with my school kids! They were as pleased as punch! It felt so good! I had a couple of parents in tears!!

This is Kofi, the proprietor for Idea and Ideology. He is a dedicated volunteer and a wonderful friend!





















Prosper and I traveled to the Volta Region for Christmas! Gorgeous once again! We spent time with his family and friends!







No comments: