Thursday, September 13, 2007

More Pictures!!



Hi Everyone,

So, it's just about the end of my first week in Ghana and I am starting to get comfortable here. Getting around is still a challenge, as I'm not big on directions. But that's what's so great about Ghanaians, they help you out and see that you get to the right places.

I have posted a few more pictures of the children. We brush our teeth each morning, and you'd be shocked at how many of these kids have never before seen a toothbrush. I handed out all the shoes I brought from Canada, and let me tell you, the kids thought it was Christmas here. Very rarely do they ever have new shoes! It was so wonderful to watch their reactions. It touched my heart!

I hope these bring a smile to your face. Working with these kids certainly has put smiles on my face everyday!

Take Care
Heather


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, again!!! The little toothbrush kids, how adorable!!!

Get them to take a picture of you. I want to see what you look like amongst your little kids!!! I can't get enough of this blog!!!